COIL TUBING APPLICATIONS
Advantages of Vibration in Coil Tubing Applications
- The coil is not cut so that full well control is maintained and associated costs are eliminated.
- The coil is not worked over the gooseneck so coil fatigue damage is minimized.
- Wireline services along with the attendant risks are not needed.
- The operation is conducted from surface utilizing equipment suspended above the wellbore.
- The coil unit remains in place to assist the vibration operation as well as to immediately recover the coil when it becomes free.
- Typical job duration is less than one day.
- Pipe vibration is low risk with respect to further deteriorating the situation.
- Results are often immediate and thus considerable expense and risk can be eliminated in resolving a stuck tubing situation.